The optional Wedges module enables you to acquire distinctive insights and in-depth data from EnerFuture, our Global Energy Forecasts service. It provides a better comprehension of the three scenarios EnerBase, EnerBlue and EnerGreen, developed by our experts, and the progression from one to another.
These three scenarios demonstrate the effect of several factors, such as policies, historical trends, energy demand drivers and more, on the achievement of 2050 climate goals. Wedges helps you understand how the CO2 emissions are evolving, depending on each lever: changes in production, change of energy source, expansion of wind and solar generation, and development of new sources of clean fuel.
Wedges can be used as a powerful tool for policymakers, researchers, and business analysts to assess climate policies and their efficiency.
Quantify the effects of various levers:
- Changes in production, transport traffic, construction and more;
- Variation in energy consumption for the same activity level;
- Switch from fossil fuel to another energy source (e.g., from coal to gas);
- Expansion of wind and solar in power generation sectors;
- Development of other clean fuels (biomass and its derivatives, hydrogen, nuclear, district heating and more);
- Penetration of CCS technologies.
- Sensitivity analysis comparison between EnerBase and EnerBlue, EnerBlue and EnerGreen, EnerBase and EnerGreen outputs;
- Detailed view on each lever impacting CO2 emissions in every sector, such as transport, building (including agriculture), and electricity generation;
- Availability for all G20 countries.
- Buildings and agriculture
- Transformations (including power)
- Fossil fuel switch
- Switch to solar and wind
- Switch to other clean fuels
- Simulation is based on time-tested and globally recognised POLES model;
- Sensitivity analysis based on a variation of the CO2 value on each scenario;
- Display of the results of all various factors in terms of comparison of each scenario to another, through waterfall graphs.
For any other geography, a custom extract can be delivered
Related Products & Solutions
Assessment of emissions reduction options for different climate / energy scenarios.