Enerdata’s long-term Marginal Abatement Cost Curves (MACC) allow you to gain unique insight and comprehensive data from the globally recognised POLES model. MACC are used to help shape GHG mitigation policies, set targets, evaluate future CO2 emission credits, prices and volumes.
Our MACC platform is a powerful online tool used by policymakers, researchers and business analysts to assess climate policies, evaluate cost and efficiency and simulate carbon markets, such as the EU-ETS.
MACC provide different levels of emissions reductions that can be reached for various carbon price levels in a given year, country and sector.
- 65+ countries/regions covered
- 15 sectors covering energy, industry combustion, industry processes, residential, services, transport, agriculture combustion
- Data series available for 2030, 2035, 2040 and 2050
- Output data: projected CO2 and other GHG reductions and emissions levels according to carbon prices
- Intuitive online interface
- To go beyond MACCs, drill down to detailed technological options though our AERO optional module
- Excel exports
- Optional module - Wedges: details the impact of levers on CO2 emissions comparing two scenarios
- Simulations based on the time-tested and reputable POLES model
- Within each scenario, a detailed sensitivity analysis is launched based on the variation of the carbon value (US$15/tCO2)
- Results of these various scenarios are displayed in terms of the emission reductions achieved at different carbon values each year by country and sector.
Rest of Central America and Caribbean
Rest of South America
South Asia (excl. India)
Rest of South-East Asia
Sub Saharan Africa (excl. South Africa)
Rest of Middle East
Abatement: CO2 emissions
Abatement: CO2 emissions from chemicals
Related Products & Solutions
Recognised, comprehensive simulation model for worldwide energy supply, demand and prices.